Pascal Amanfo is a renowned Nigerian film director who has gained recognition for his exceptional work in the Ghanaian movie industry.
Born on March 31 in Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria, Amanfo has established himself as a talented filmmaker with numerous successful movies under his belt. In this blog post, we will delve into Pascal Amanfo’s biography, his career highlights, notable films, awards, personal life, and social media presence.
Biography and Early Life:
Pascal Amanfo hails from Awomanma, a neighborhood in Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria. Growing up with his siblings, he developed a keen interest in acting from a young age. Amanfo’s mother belongs to the Esan tribe in Edo State, Nigeria.
Pascal Amanfo has made a significant impact on the Ghanaian film industry through his exceptional filmmaking skills. In 2013, he gained widespread attention with the release of his movie titled “Boko Haram,” which created a stir in both the Ghanaian and Nigerian film industries. The Ghanaian authorities imposed restrictions on the film, leading to its title being changed to “Nation under Siege.”
In 2014, Amanfo released the critically acclaimed movie “Purple Rose,” starring the award-winning actress Nse Ikpe-Etim. This film revolves around the life of a curious journalist and further showcased Amanfo’s directorial prowess.
Throughout his career, Pascal Amanfo has directed several successful films that have captivated audiences in Ghana and beyond. Some of his notable works include:
- Sin City
- Bed of Roses
- Open Scandals
- Family Runs
- Stalemate (as a producer)
- My Last Wedding (2009)
- Corporate Maid (2008)
- Single and Married
- Wanna Be
- Grave Yard
- House of Gold
- Letters to My Mother
- The Mystery of Sex
- Purple Rose
- If Tomorrow Never Comes
- Boko Haram
- Husband Shopping
- If You Were Mine
- Single Six
Awards and Achievements:
Pascal Amanfo’s exceptional talent has been recognized through various prestigious awards and nominations. Some of his notable achievements include:
- 2011 Ghana Movie Awards – Best Director for “Bed of Roses”
- 2012 Ghana Movie Awards – Best Director for “Single and Married”
- 2013 Ghana Movie Awards – Nomination for Best Writing for “House of Gold”
- 2013 Ghana Movie Awards – Nomination for Best Production Design for “House of Gold”
- 2014 Ghana Movie Awards – Nomination for Best Director for “Single, Married and Complicated”
- 2014 Ghana Movie Awards – Nomination for Best Writing for “Single, Married and Complicated”
- 2014 Ghana Movie Awards – Nomination for Best Production Design for “Single, Married and Complicated”
- 2015 Ghana Movie Awards – Nomination for Best Director for “If Tomorrow Never Comes”
- 2015 Ghana Movie Awards – Nomination for Best Adapted or Original Screenplay for “If Tomorrow Never Comes”
Pascal Amanfo is a married man, although he has kept his wife’s identity undisclosed. Despite reports of a separation, Amanfo confirmed in an interview that he and his wife are still together.
Social Media Presence:
To stay connected with his fans and share updates about his projects, Pascal Amanfo can be found on Instagram under the handle “officialpascalamanfo.”
Pascal Amanfo, a Nigerian filmmaker based in Ghana, has made remarkable contributions to the Ghanaian movie industry. With his exceptional talent and directorial skills, he has garnered acclaim and recognition through numerous successful films. Pascal Amanfo continues to inspire and entertain audiences with his creative storytelling and captivating visuals, solidifying his position as one of Nigeria’s wealthiest film directors. Follow him on Instagram at “officialpascalamanfo” to stay updated on his latest projects and endeavors.